- Is your Android phone lagging ?
- Does Android apps hang too much ?
- Are you not able to run anything quick ?
- Are there a lot of adware in your phone ?
If you have problems related to Android performance and experience then you are at a right place 🙂 . You’ll know a lot of new things here to boost up your Android phone even if you tried a lot earlier.
Step 1 : Uninstall
Check you application list and Uninstall all the application which you do not use more than once in every week. These application are taking your space and making your device a bit slower each day. Now a days everybody has a good internet connection so you can download that app if you need anytime. No need to let it eat up your space.
If you have a lot of application to uninstall then use this application : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rhythm.hexise.uninst
Uninstall this application too 😛 after uninstalling all the useless application.
For example : Some users have zomato , OLA , Uber . Paytm , Flipkart , Amazon in their phone when they don’t use these often. Use the Websites if you can in most of the places.
Step 2 : Install
There are few applications that will help you clear out Useless data in your phone (not your images and videos or contacts) just the extra images,temporary files which might not be in your use.
- Files by Google : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.nbu.files After installing this application It will automatically scan your device for junk files , memes , and duplicate files . Delete them to save memory.
- Storage Analyzer : https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Richard+Hart This is the best application to show you graphical representation of how much memory is used in which folder. You can delete files and folder directly from here.
- App Cache Cleaner : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zeroneapps.onbellektemizleyici&hl=en_IN This application is simple and clears the cache (stored temporary data) of the application with ease.
- Facebook Lite : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.facebook.lite If you want to use Facebook app and not the browser then go for this lite version of Facebook. This is official app with least animations and supports almost all features like Facebook app.
- Messenger Lite : Just like Facebook lite , this is the lite version of messenger application which is official. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.facebook.mlite
- Skype Lite : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.skype.m2
- Tik Tok Lite : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zhiliaoapp.musically.go
- PUBG Lite : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tencent.iglite
- OLA Lite : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.olacabs.lite
- Twitter Lite : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.twitter.android.lite
- LinkedIn Lite : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.linkedin.android.lite
- Uber Lite : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubercab.uberlite
These are top Lite applications which you can use instead of huge sized application. There are more in this list : https://play.google.com/store/search?q=lite&c=apps
Step 3 : Launcher
I’m using Nova launcher from 4+ years and have seen no glitch and lag in there. you can have a lot of customization in there and that too free. If you want gesture controls then you’ll have to purchase it but most of the things are free in there. Dark themes and light themes are available. This launcher is quick and you can disable animation too if you need quick response.
Step 4 : Developer option
How to enable developer option if you don’t know : https://techbie.blog/2019/08/18/how-to-enable-developer-option-in-android/
Here comes the tricky part about settings. So be a bit careful here.
- Animations : In developer options there are animation settings at the bottom. The default value is 1X for Transition animation scale , Animator duration scale , Window animation scale . Make the animation off after clicking each option. And you can see the difference in speed.
- Don’t keep activities : This is more tricky and can be dangerous because as soon as you leave any application , that application will be killed by this setting. So enable it only if you want this feature.
Step 5 : Tips for better performance
- Do not remove most used application from recent list , as Android will have to create it again when you open it. If you feel like there are many applications in recent list then let it be , because Android OS will remove it automatically when needed and when not in use for a long time.
- Switch off your smartphone at least once a day for 5-10 minutes to let the hardware cool and rest 🙂 .
- Turn off the Screensaver and live wallpaper as it eats up a lot of memory and processing power.
- Use Dark wallpaper and dark theme if possible to save battery.
- Turn off notifications of application you don’t use much.
- Install applications only if you use it daily or once a week.
- Uninstall the application if you feel the use of application is completed.
- Do not install applications from any other store. This might harm your device and bad for privacy.
- Do not click on any suspicious link and download/install anything.
- Lastly you can ask anything in comment related to any android phone software issue.
Share if you find this helpful. Have a great day and best experience on Android.